This part of the site contains information for technicians installing, servicing
or specifying heating equipment
Welcome to the OFTEC technician area
OFTEC offers a competent persons registration scheme for heating technicians and encourages those working in the heating industry to become registered. OFTEC can provide registration for technicians working in the following areas:
- Installing domestic oil-fired appliances for heating or cooking
- Installing domestic renewable heating appliances (heat pumps and solar thermal) including MCS registration
- Installing oil tanks or other equipment associated with oil-fired appliances
- Installing central heating and hot water systems (including unvented hot water)
- Commissioning and servicing oil-fired boilers, cookers and associated equipment
- Specifying oil heating systems
- Installing, commissioning, servicing or repairing solid fuel burning appliances
- Carrying out work under the PAS 2030 scheme
- Carrying out Electrical (Part P) work.
OFTEC also offers Microgeneration Certification scheme registration so that your customers can claim RHI (renewable heat incentive) payments from the government.