Automatic extension to qualifications during COVID-19 restrictions
Last updated - 15/05/2020
Training and assessments during COVID-19 restrictions
Staff at OFTEC have been in close communication with our network of approved training centres. These are either FE colleges/ETB's or independently owned businesses and will be making their own decisions as to whether to remain open (or when to re-open) during this period, while following the guidance provided by government.
At the time of writing all FE colleges (UK) and ETB's (Republic of Ireland) remain closed, but there are many training and assessment centres which are open for business, with more re-opening each day. Centres that are open are following the guidelines, such as:
- Social distancing to be put in force.
- Hand gels and washroom facilities to be available.
- Customers to bring their own food and drink.
- Full risk assessment carried out.
- No admittance to the training centre if customers or members of their household are displaying any of the COVID 19 symptoms – high temperature, dry cough and shortness of breath.
Your local centre will be able to advise you on their opening times and any restrictions in place - a full list of centres can be found here. For further information regarding training and assessments email David Knipe - or telephone 07866 507265
Other pages in this section
If you need more assistance, please email the registration team.