How to make a complaint to OFTEC
OFTEC aims to provide a reliable and consistent service at all times. If you are unhappy with work done by a registered technician, we want to hear about it. Before you contact us, please consider whether we can help you. We suggest you read our leaflet OFTEC compliance services first for more information about our complaints process before getting in touch with us.
To make a complaint
- Call us to speak to a person who will listen and advise you. Many issues can be resolved with a simple phone call.
- If your issue cannot be resolved over the phone, you will be asked to raise an official complaint. The phone advisor will explain the next steps and what is involved in the process.
We can help if:
- Work does not comply with building regulations
- The work appears unsafe
- You have other concerns that make you question the technician’s technical competence
We cannot help if:
- The technician or business is not registered with OFTEC
- You have a financial or contractual disagreement with the technician or company
If the the technician or business is not registered with OFTEC you will need to contact your local Citizens Advice, or you can call their consumer helpline on 03454 040 506, and they will advise you on your best course of action.
If the technician or business is not OFTEC registered but are using the OFTEC logo please click here.
TrustMark or PAS 2030 scheme.
If you have work completed by an OFTEC registered business under the PAS2030 specification or by the government endorsed TrustMark scheme and have a concern over the standard of the work, please report these matters to OFTEC so they can be investigated in accordance with this procedure. To check if your installer is registered with the OFTEC PAS 2030 or TrustMark schemes please contact our registration team.
Microgeneration Certification Scheme
If you have a renewable installation completed under the microgeneration certification scheme (MCS) and have a concern over the technical standard of the work, then these matters can also be reported to OFTEC and investigated in accordance with this procedure. MCS registered installers must belong to a renewable consumer code approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI). To check if your installer is registered with the OFTEC microgeneration certification scheme or to find out which consumer code they belong to please contact our registration team.
Other pages in this section
If you need more assistance, you can call OFTEC's compliance team, lines are open between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday - Friday. You can also email the team using the link below.
Phone OFTEC's compliance
T: 01473 626 298 (UK) / 01 864 5771 (ROI)