How do I get a copy of the building compliance certificate for my heating installation?

<p>If you are moving house, the buyer's solicitor will ask for a copy of the works notification certificate for any heating equipment that has been installed in your property. They may also call this a building regulations certificate, or a compliance certificate. Since 2002, in England, Wales, The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands it has been a requirement to notify the local building control department of any new heating equipment - whether it is a fuel storage tank, boiler, solar panel or even a wood burning stove.</p> <p>If you cannot find your original certificate and the work was carried out by an OFTEC registered business, you can <a href="/consumers/order-certificates" title="Order Certificates">get an email copy certificate here</a>. </p>