Services for heating users and consumers:
OFTEC’s commitment to excellence in heating
- OFTEC’s services are designed to provide end users with safe and efficient heating
- Heating businesses that register with us are trained and regularly inspected to ensure they are competent tradespeople who follow regional building regulations and industry codes of practice
- Our ‘find a technician’ search facility puts you quickly in touch with OFTEC registered heating businesses in your local area
- Our free publications, website and social media channels provide a wide range of useful information for heating users, covering oil, solid fuel and renewable heating systems
- Our consultancy service can offer equipment inspection and evaluation for facilities managers. We also offer professional development training and can help with dispute resolution
- There is a free six year workmanship warranty for self-certified work carried out by OFTEC registered technicians for your added peace of mind.
Services for heating professionals:
OFTEC’s competent person
scheme, microgeneration certification scheme
PAS2030 certification, training programme and online shop
- OFTEC has developed robust standards of competence for the domestic oil and solid fuel heating and cooking industry
- We operate a UKAS accredited competent person registration scheme, in accordance with BS EN 17065 (the recognised international quality standard for certification bodies), for over 6,500 businesses involved in the installation and maintenance of oil, solid fuel, and renewable heating equipment and undertaking Part P electrical work
- We produce comprehensive technical information for those installing, servicing or commissioning oil and solid fuel heating equipment
- We offer a range of support services for registered technicians, including self-certification (in regions where applicable) insurance, workmanship warranty, technical advice, marketing aids and trade events
- Our online shop, OFTEC Direct, supplies a range of technical books, equipment and clothing products for heating professionals.
Services for manufacturers and training providers:
OFTEC’s trade association
- OFTEC’s trade association represents the interests of oil storage, appliance and supply equipment manufacturers and training providers, in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Europe
- We publish technical standards for domestic oil heating equipment, and issue OFCERT© certificates to validate products manufactured in accordance with those standards
- We promote the views of our members to the UK and Irish Governments, the European Commission, the Building Research Establishment, British Standards Institute/CEN (the European Committee for Standardisation) and to other relevant bodies
- We are committed to maintaining a skilled workforce by providing course and assessment material for approved training providers, covering oil and solid fuel heating. Certification is via organisations holding ISO/IEC 17024 for personal certification.
- We help to shape the future of the oil-fired equipment industry by undertaking research and supporting technical innovation.