What is the OFCERT® scheme?
OFCERT® is a voluntary scheme administered by OFTEC to licence and identify products that have been designed to comply with recognised performance standards and manufactured under an approved quality management system, such as ISO 9001.
How do you obtain an OFTEC Standard?
OFTEC Standards are available free of charge on request from OFTEC by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Oil pressure atomising nozzles for use with Kerosene||OFS E100||Current / Under Review|
|Capillary type remote acting fire and overheat valves for use with oil supply systems connected to fixed combustion appliances||OFS E101||Current / Under Review|
|Gauges for use with domestic oil supply tanks||OFS E103||Current / Under Review|
|Filters, strainers and water separation devices for use with liquid fuel supply systems||OFS E104||Current / Under Review|
|Polyethylene oil storage tanks and tank bunds for distillate fuels||OFS T100||Current / Under Review|
|Steel oil storage tanks with and without secondary containments for use with distillate fuels, bio-fuels, lubrication oils and waste oils||OFS T200||Current / Under Review|
|De-aerators – Minimum requirements and testing||OPS 23||Current / Under Review|
How do you obtain an OFCERT® licence?
- Typically, to obtain an OFCERT® licence, the manufacturer will need to:
- Design a product to comply with an OFTEC Standard
- Get it verified as meeting/surpassing the requirements of the OFTEC Standard by a third party
- Read and comply with the OFCERT scheme rules.
Provide the following to OFTEC:
- A completed application form (found at the back the relevant OFTEC Standard)
- Evidence of third-party verification (e.g. a test house certificate and associated test report)
- A quality management certificate (UKAS, INAB or equivalent to ISO 9001).
- In the case of non-OFTEC members, submit payment to OFTEC for an annual licence.
- Await receipt of an OFCERT® certificate for the product in question.
Where can you get a product tested?
OFTEC currently has two ‘associate member’ test houses:
For polyethylene fuel storage tanks:
16 Abbotsinch Road
Tel: +44 (0) 1324 489 182
For liquid fuel-fired equipment/components:
Kiwa House, Malvern View Business Park,
Stella Way, Bishops Cleeve,
Cheltenham, GL52 7DQ, UK
T: +44(0) 1242 677877
Please wait ...