OFT10-101 - Single stage pressure jet servicing and commissioning
This course is for technicians who wish to service and commission pressure-jet appliances. The vast majority of household boilers fall into this category. The course covers a variety of areas, including health and safety, fire valve installation, regional legislation and requirements, safe electrical isolation, knowledge of oil storage and supply, knowledge of appliance installation, knowledge of heating systems, and practical servicing and commissioning.
Qualification code and qualification title
OFT10-101 - Single stage pressure jet servicing and commissioning.
Assessment is via multiple choice theory papers, practically assessed worksheets (PAWS), and practical hands-on assessment.
Applicants must hold a nationally recognised qualification in a trade associated with oil work.
Must provide written evidence to the AC confirming that they have undertaken ‘on the job’ oil installation and/or maintenance training that would support their application for the range of assessments to be undertaken.
Have relevant skills and experience gained from working in a related trade such as plumbing / heating / ventilation / refrigeration / air-conditioning / gas fitting or servicing.
- Health and Safety - liquid fuel specific health and safety regarding the management of liquid fuel.
- Fire valve installation - the selection, location and installation of fire valves.
- Regional requirements - how to find and apply regional requirements.
- Safe electrical isolation - ability to demonstrate how to apply process practically.
- OFTEC procedures - risk identification, actions and reporting.
- Knowledge of liquid fuel Storage and supply - to be able to inspect an installation for fire protection, tank location, base suitability, bunding, liquid fuel supply, materials and fittings.
- Knowledge of Appliance Installation - knowledge of appliance installation regarding hearth, flue, ventilation, clearance, condensate drain and location requirements.
- Knowledge of Heating systems - knowledge of how a heating system works including types, common faults, safety equipment (expansion vessel/TRV’s) and corrosion causes and prevention.
- Servicing and commissioning, pressure jet appliances - to be able to service and commission pressure jet appliances and complete a CD/11.
Re-assessment is required after five years.
OFTEC Technical Manual