What to do if you are not satisfied with an OFTEC registered technician's work
How to complain to OFTEC
OFTEC aims to provide a reliable and consistent service at all times. If you are unhappy with work done by an OFTEC registered technician, we want to hear about it.
But before you contact us, please consider whether we can help you. We suggest you read our complaints leaflet first for more information about our complaints process before getting in touch with us.
Get in Touch
Tel: 01473 626 298 (UK)
Tel: 01 864 5771 (RoI)
OFTEC will help if:
- Work does not comply with building regulations
- The work appears unsafe
- You have other concerns that make you question the technician’s technical competence
OFTEC cannot help if:
- The technician or business is not registered with OFTEC
- You have a financial or contractual disagreement with the technician or company
To make a complaint
- Call us to speak to a person who will listen and advise you. Many issues can be resolved with a simple phone call.
- If your issue cannot be resolved over the phone, you will be asked to raise an official complaint. The phone advisor will explain the next steps and what is involved in the process.
Non-compliant works under the Green Deal scheme
Complaints made against OFTEC registered businesses relating to oil fired works undertaken under the Green Deal should in the first instance be notified to the Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body (GD ORB) requesting investigation. The GD ORB will then contact OFTEC to investigate the complaint accordingly.
Non-compliant works under the MCS scheme for renewable technologies
Complaints made against OFTEC registered businesses relating to renewable energy works undertaken under MCS scheme should in the first instance be notified to Gemserv requesting an investigation. Gemserv will then contact OFTEC to investigate the complaint accordingly.