Free one year's registration for newly qualified apprentices OFTEC is very keen to see more businesses offering apprenticeships - it's a tried and tested route into a career in the heating industry so if you have been employing apprentices and they have passed their level 3 (UK) or level 6 (ROI) heating and plumbing qualification, you may be considering adding them to your OFTEC registration. The good news is that we offer FREE Registration for their first year.
To benefit from this special offer when you complete the R593 add a technician form, please mark (apprentice) next to the technician's name to flag that they have been working as an apprentice and enclose the following supporting documents with the form:
- Proof of apprenticeship status with details of the training units taken.
- The apprentice will need to have followed the training pathway for the type of registration they are applying for. In addition to the general heating and plumbing modules they'll need one of the following:
- oil pathway for oil registration
- solid fuel pathway for solid fuel registration
- renewables pathway for renewables registration
- Applications need to be made within five years of the date they complete their level 3 training (level 6 ROI)
- After 5 years, they would need to do the training and assessments for their chosen technology (eg the OFTEC oil or solid fuel courses or an appropriate renewables course).
For further information, please contact our registration team.